Someone sent me a bulletin article they found online, and the title was “What will be said of us when we die?” In that article the author listed several very good things that can be said of the person who walks with God and dies in Christ.
I thought this would be appropriate to consider for today. You could even consider using these thoughts to talk with your kids about what really matters. People in life will say all kinds of things about you, some true some not true, but what matters is what God says about you.
Will this be said of you and me when we pass from this life?
- “He walked with God (Genesis 5:24; Genesis 6:9; cf. 2 Kings 20:3 ).
- “He was the Lord‘s friend” (John 15:14).
- “He fought a good fight, he finished his course, he kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).
- “He declared the whole counsel of God to others” (Acts 20:27).
- “He went about doing good” (Acts 10:38).
- “His death is gain” (Philippians 1:21,23).
- “His death is precious” (Psalm 116:15).
- “His death is a blessing, because he died in the Lord” (Revelation 14:13)
- “He died in a good old age, full of days and riches and honor” (1 Chronicles 29:28).
- “He has gone to be with the Lord” (Philippians 1:23).
- “He is in a better place now” (Luke 16:22; John 14:1-3; Hebrews 11:16).
- “He left us a godly example” (1 Timothy 4:12; cf. Titus 2:7-8).
- “He was faithful unto death” (Revelation 2:10).
- “By his righteous life, he still speaks (Hebrews 11:4).
- “He is now among the heroes of faith” (Hebrews 11).
- “He is now gathered to his people” (Genesis 25:8; 35:29; 49:33).
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ (Colossians 3:23-24).